- Information for UOW Staff
- Information for UOW Contractors
Having in place a comprehensive contractor management system ensures the safety of the contractor involved and the University. The following information is available to assist the safe use of contractors on campus:
- Contractor Safety Guidelines
- Appendix 1 - Contractor Management Checklist
- Appendix 2 - Contractor Induction Guide
- Appendix 3 - Contractor Workers Compensation Checklist
- Appendix 4 - Principal Contractor WHS Evaluation Checklist
- Appendix 5 - WHS Management Plan Template
- Appendix 6 - Contractor WHS Induction checklist
- Appendix 7 - WHS Performance Report for Contractors
- Appendix 8 - Communication of WHS Requirements Letter for Contractors [Doc]
- Appendix 9 - Sub-Contractor Safety Inspection Checklist
- Contractor Safe Work Method Statement
SitePass - Online Contractor Management System
What is SitePass?
SitePass is an online contractor management system that involves a third party supplier providing a fully hosted web interface for UOW and its contractors. SitePass enables the WHS compliance of each contractor and their employees to be identified, verified and monitored online.
What are the Benefits of SitePass for UOW?
Some of the major benefits of moving the contractor management process to an online system include the ability to:
- Register contractors and their employees via a web interface
- Verify the compliance of a contractors WHS management system
- Induct contractors using a customised online induction with randomised, self-correcting assessment to ensure competency and eliminate sharing of answers
- Issue an ID card to contractors’ employees once the UOW induction requirements have been met
- Share contractor performance information across UOW.
How does this change affect UOW staff?
Moving the contractor management process to an online system will provide the following benefits to UOW staff involved in the management of contractors:
- Reduced administrative burden of the contractor management process by shifting part of the administrative responsibility to the individual contractors
- Minimise the need for UOW staff to conduct generic face-to-face inductions by moving the inductions online
- Remove the need for UOW staff to monitor and follow-up on contractors’ insurance renewals, therefore minimising the risk of a compliance breach
- Provide a greater level of security with the issuing of ID cards to approved contractors.
Getting Access to SitePass
SitePass is not a system that is available to all UOW staff. It is only available to those staff that engage, manage or oversee contractors at UOW. If you perform any of these functions in your work area and you think that you may need access to SitePass, contact the WHS Unit at email@example.com to discuss options for getting access.
Log onto SitePass
If you are a UOW Authorised Reviewer or manage contractors for your area, SitePass can be accessed at http://uow.e3learning.com.au/
Documentation to assist contractors registering and navigating the system include:
- Contractor Registration Procedure
- Contractor Management System FAQs
- Contractor Registration Preparation Checklist
If you require further information on accessing or using SitePass, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff can find further information on the staff intranet Contractor Portal webpage.
If you have any suggestions or feedback on SitePass, please submit them via the university feedback system.
The UOW session Work Health and Safety Awareness 2012 will assist you to understand changes to NSW Health and Safety Laws.