Mission and Goals of the WHS Unit
The University of Wollongong'sWorkplace Health and Safety Unit aims to provide the campus community with the structures, system and support to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all at the campus. We facilitate, guide and encourage management and employees to strive to achieve a work environment that minimizes risk and has safety as a core value.
Role of the WHS Unit
The WHS Unit provides a consultancy and advisory service to all University employees and manages the Workplace Health and Safety Management System including:
- Assisting managers and supervisors to effectively administer occupational health, safety, welfare and injury management as an integral part of their operational practices;
- Developing and reviewing WHS policy, procedures and guidelines;
- Delivering effective WHS training programs for managers, supervisors and employees;
- Coordinating durable return to work plans for injured employees;
- Administering Workers Compensation as a self-insured employer;
- Reviewing the implementation of the Workplace Health and Safety Management System at all University workplaces, including measuring WHS performance.
Need more information? Please call the WHS Unit on extension 3931.