Multicultural Policies and Services Plan
The EAPS has been revised and developed into a Multicultural Policies and Services Program (MPSP) for 2011-2013. It will provide an overview of strategies and priorities for both staff and students.
The four key principles of the Multicultural Policies and Services Program are:
- Leadership to encourage and value a culturally diverse society through the establishment of supportive policy, legal and planning frameworks;
- Community harmony;
- Access and equity within the framework of social justice obligations;
- Economic and cultural opportunities.
These principles confirm the right of individuals in New South Wales to :
- Fully contribute and participate in the life of the state;
- Respect the culture, language and religion of others (within a legal and constitutional framework where English is the common language);
- Have access to government services;
- Have the linguistic and cultural assets in New South Wales recognised and promoted.